Certificate III Aged Care and Cert III Home & Community Care Course
“Become Job Ready with a Nationally Recognised Qualification”
Eligible Queenslanders can access subsidised funding through CERTIFICATE 3 GUARANTEE to complete a qualification
Looking for a Career in Aged Care? Medical Administration Training’s double qualification in Certificate III in Aged Care and Certificate III in Home and Community Care will help you secure an employment in this growing industry. Achieving both qualifications gives you the skills and knowledge to gain employment in either high or low care facilities or within Community Care organisations.
Certificate 3 Guarantee funding now available for eligible Queenslanders. Call 1300 887 082 or email email@example.com to enquire about your eligibility.
Medical Administration Training double qualification leads to possible career outcomes such as
- Assistant in Nursing (AIN)
- Personal Care Worker,
- Community Care Worker,
- Support Worker,
- Home Care Assistant,
- Accommodation Support Worker.
After successful completion of your Certificate III in Aged Care you are eligible to study our Certificate IV in Aged Care Course
Why Choose Medical Administration Training for your Training?
- Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a “DOUBLE QUALIFICATION” in Certificate III in Aged Care & Certificate III in Home & Community Care.
- To attend a venue the course duration is for 12 weeks, which also includes 3 weeks of clinical placement.
- Certificate III in Aged Care & Certificate III in Home & Community Care Course Fees $2190.00. Payment plan available
- New funding available - “CERTIFICATE 3 GUARANTEE“. Eligible students can get the training for a student contribution of just $100 if they hold a concession card or $300 for non-concession card holders. For more information on your eligibility call 1300 887 082 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Face to Face training now available in Strathpine, & Ipswich QLD. Limited Spaces Only. Next course commencing on 29th July 2014. Bookings now open
- New Venue at Brisbane CBD commencing for the course on 16th September 2014.
- EXTERNAL STUDY OPTION (Brisbane only) – Study your Cert III in Aged Care & Cert III in Home & Community Care Course at home with unlimited phone & email support option also available for all students in South East QLD areas.
- Book online or over phone at 1300 887 082. For non-funding applicants, registration accepted with initial down-payment $690.00 to secure your spot. Remainder payments can be paid by weekly or fortnightly payment options.
- This double qualification gives you the knowledge and skills necessary to gain employment in Aged Care residential and day care facilities and in the Home & Community Care sector.
To Attend a Venue
The course runs for 12 weeks and is a full time course meaning you will need to allocate up to 30 hours per week to do reading, attending class two days per week and to complete assessments. Attendance days are Tuesday and Thursday for the first 3 weeks from 9am till 3.30pm on each of these days. In week 4 there will be an extra attendance day to ensure you have adequate time to practise clinical skills before attending vocational placement in the Aged Care Facility. Therefore the attendance days for week 4 of the course are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9am till 3.30pm. From weeks 5 to 7 you are required to attend an aged care facility full time to complete your clinical placement. Weeks 8 to 12 are for you to complete any outstanding assessment items from home. Email and telephone support is provided during this time.
New Course Start Dates for Face to Face Training are:
- Tuesday 29th JULY – Conducted at Strathpine & Ipswich
- Tuesday 16th SEPTEMBER – Conducted at Brisbane CBD, Strathpine, & Ipswich
- Brisbane CBD – 391 Wickham Terrace, QLD 4000
- Strathpine – 503 Gympie Road, Strathpine QLD 4500
- Ipswich – Eastern Heights, QLD 4305
- Students will be required to submit a National Police Clearance Certificate issued within the last 6 months as a mandatory requirement.
- Students will be required to successfully complete a Literacy & Numeracy test prior to the commencement of the course.
- If you are less than 18 years of age you must have parental/guardian approval to enrol for this course.
To Study From Home:
From the date of your enrolment, you will have 6 months to complete the course. All the theory resources and assessments will be send to you to complete and must be returned back to us for marking. On completion of your theory assessments, your 3 week clinical placement will be organised. Entry requirements are the same as mentioned above.
- Work effectively in the community sector
- Follow safety procedures for direct care work
- Work effectively with older people
- Recognise healthy body systems in a health care context
- Provide support to meet personal care needs
- Support individual health and emotional well being
- Support older people to maintain their independence
- Provide support to people living with dementia
- Participate in the implementation of individualised plans
- Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- Work effectively in home and community care
- Work effectively with carers
- Work effectively with people with a disability
For further information on this course & to become job ready please contact our friendly staff on 1300 887 082 or enrol online now.